Menu menu
Close
Where to sleep Where to eat Maps

Historic center

SANTA SOFIAOLD TOWN
Palazzo Bianchini Mortani, Chiesa di Santa Lucia, Teatro di Santa Sofia, Teatro Mentore
The historic center of Santa Sofia, originally, was built around a castle of which little remains today. The centerpiece of the town’s life is Piazza Matteotti, which preserves interesting religious and civil buildings.
 
Palazzo Bianchini Mortani is the most important historical testimony in that it was situated, until 1860, on the border between the Grand Duchy of Tuscany and the State of the Church.
 
Chiesa di Santa Lucia stands in Piazza Montini, its first construction dates back to the mid-1500s but over the years has undergone several changes and reconstructions.
 
Teatro di Santa Sofia, Teatro Mentore, was inaugurated in 2014 and is located in the center of Piazza Garibaldi. The modern building, designed by the architect Gae Aulenti, replaces the old building that had suffered several damages both in wartime and due to the earthquake.

 

CONDIVIDI:
SEE ON THE MAP
close

Search here