Porta Fiorentina stands for about twenty metres and at its top is placed a watch. Its construction dates back to 1593 , and over the centuries has undergone several restorations and modifications.
The door is the entrance of Premilcuore. The belfry, as well as four original Windows, preserves an ancient mechanical clock, built in 1593 and is still running. Clock mechanisms are controlled by means of two connected stones to a hemp rope. The battlements were added in the late 1920s.