Rocca San Casciano is grafted, like a precious Pearl, in the Valley of the river Montone, which probably owes its name, considered that once the mutton was called "Casatico".
The roots of this village are knotted with the vicissitudes between Romagna and Tuscany: since 1400 it has been part of the Florentine Republic and subsequently of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany, and then moved to the province of Forlì in 1923..
At Rocca San Casciano, the Abbazia San Donnino in Soglio, one of the oldest in the Romagna Toscana, is an ancient and suggestive building in the late Gothic style, of which we have news since 1214.
At the center of the village is the square dedicated to Garibaldi, with an unusual triangle shape, which is why it is nicely defined as "baccalà" (codfish) by the locals.
Rocca San Casciano also offers organized nature trails, known as the "Percorsi della Margherita" (Daisy Paths): these are divided into several circular routes, which branch off around the village and rise to the adjacent hills. The paths overlook an enchanting landscape: in the foreground the gentle valley of the Montone and further on the horizon, an endless and imposing mountain range.