The Roccaccia, or fortress of the counts Guidi goes back to the domain of the counts Guidi (12th-13th century), but the foundations can be dated back to the early middle ages. The work of fortification was completed only in 1534 when the Defense walls were erected in favor of Borgo Nuovo, Borgo Vecchio and river Tramazzo enclosed.
The Roccaccia, at the end of 1500, when he was no longer used as a defense, was abandoned. In this period, Florence took pains to build new military stronghold can better resist new weapons. Looting, earthquakes and neglect contributed to damaging the donjon. Despite the serious carelessness, even today, it remains an imposing building which can be seen from the road from monte Trebbio leads to Dovadola.