Menu menu
Close
Where to sleep Where to eat Maps

Battistero di San Giovanni Battista

Known as Chiesa di San Giovanni della Torre

The baptistery is known as Chiesa di San Giovanni della Torre since 1292. Its present building, however, dates back to 1400. the Church is situated in the upper part of the town, on the road that leads to the fortress and was originally in the service of the Lord of the Castle and his army.

Its interior houses a Byzantine Istrian marble sarcophagus carved in bas-relief and a XVII century fresco depicting San Giovanni Battista site behind the altar. In 1938, the baptistery outside consolidated was the subject of a recent and careful restoration.

CONDIVIDI:
SEE ON THE MAP
AROUND
Chiesa Parrocchiale SS. Nicolò e Francesco
Castrocaro Terme e Terra del Sole

Chiesa Parrocchiale SS. Nicolò e Francesco

Originally belonged to the Franciscan convent

Chiesa di San Francesco Saverio
Castrocaro Terme e Terra del Sole

Chiesa di San Francesco Saverio

Now called "dei caduti"

Chiesa di Santa Reparata
Castrocaro Terme e Terra del Sole

Chiesa di Santa Reparata

In the historic centre of Terra del Sole

Chiesa di San Rocco
Castrocaro Terme e Terra del Sole

Chiesa di San Rocco

Here lie the remains of Aristide Conti

close

Search here