Village of Calbano
The village of Calbano rises on top of the hill overlooking Sarsina and was once chosen as a place of defense for both the Romans and the Umbrians. The castrum Calbane for a period belonged to the Church of Ravenna but, by permission of Frederick II, in 1220, it came under the jurisdiction of the church of Sarsina. It is in Calbano that, in 1267, Bishop Grazia deliberated on the investiture rights and the medieval tax required by the Church.
Today the enchanting and ancient village stands still imperious and welcomes hikers who, after having climbed the gentle hill, benefit from the beautiful surrounding view.