The monastery was founded on Monte Castellaro in 1561, by Lorenzo Visani da Fognano and Bernardino Piazza. On the porch, originally, were preserved tombstones belonging to famous people of Modigliana
Inside there are several wooden altars with its unmistakable style cappuccino. The painting of the main altar is placed while Mastelletta altar is the painting of Carlo Cignani. Another highlight is the reliquary with busts of Saints sculpted in wood, probably of high Bill-South. Next to the Church is a devotional cave with life-size sculptural group depicting the passion.
Today the monastery is the seat of the Accademia degli Incamminati which was interested in the complete renovation of the building.