Guided tours in the footsteps of Dante with Florence, Forlì and Ravenna
Excursion to ancient forests
Charm of ancient villages
Excellent food and wine… and other surprises!
Package 4 days/3 nights
- Morning: guided tour of Dante’s Florence with a route that touches the most famous places mentioned by the Supreme Poet in the Divine Comedy, including the Piazza del Duomo, the Piazza del Duomo and the medieval quarter that encloses the family church and the house-museum of Dante.
- Lunch in a suggestive restaurant/trattoria in Florence linked to the theme of Dante.
- Departure for San Godenzo.
- Afternoon: Guided tour of San Godenzo, village mentioned several times by Dante in the Divine Comedy and for a short time, the place of political asylum of the poet forced into exile from Florence, fleeing from the soldiers of the Florentine Republic. Guided tour of the beautiful Abbey that recalls the famous conference of June 8, 1302 of the Florentine exiles Ghibellines and the White Guelphs, among whom stood out the name of Dante Alighieri. You can also admire the Cicaleto bridge that the Poet walked during his escape.
- Arrival in Portico di Romagna, immersed in an unparalleled naturalistic context, surrounded by centuries-old forests,
- Dante’s medieval dinner in Portico.
- Overnight in Portico, in a beautiful nineteenth-century building, once belonged to one of the oldest families of the place.
- Morning: Hike to Acquacheta, famous waterfall mentioned by Dante in the Divine Comedy. In the middle of the path there is a reading of the verses of Canto XVI of Inferno where the waterfall is mentioned.
- Lunch in San Benedetto in Alpe or picnic during the excursion.
- Afternoon: Arrival in the town of Castrocaro Terme and Terra del Sole, which stands on the hills of the Tuscan-Romagna Apennines, known to the general public for the spa and two unique jewels: the medieval village of great effect and the Renaissance wonder of Terra del Sole.
- Time to relax in the Spa.
- Dinner in Castrocaro
- Overnight in Castrocaro.
- Morning: Entrance to the exhibition Dante, the vision of art in Forlì. As part of the national celebrations of the seven hundred years since the death of Dante Alighieri, the exhibition will be held in the San Domenico Museums, with numerous works of art loaned by museums around the world. A fantastic moment of overall reflection on the figure of the poet, symbol of Italy, and on his immense legacy, between the language of art and literary figure.
- Lunch in Castrocaro
- Afternoon: Guided tour of the Fortress of Castrocaro, with the exhibition Animalia Dantis, the animals of the Divine Comedy in the archaic majolica of Romagna.
- Evening: Literary aperitif out of the ordinary, where an expert will tell a passage of the Divine Comedy, accompanied by the delicate notes of a harpist.
- Dinner in a tavern in Terra del Sole.
- Overnight in Castrocaro.
Day in Ravenna: Guided tour to retrace the events of the Supreme Poet and new paths on the occasion of the opening of the celebrations of the 700th anniversary of Dante’s death.