The Sanctuary was built in 1300 and is a notable example of local religious architecture.
After being damaged by the earthquake of 1661, it was restored in 1695. The furnishings that guarded the French iconoclast wave were safeguarded. The interior of the church was restored again in 1900, as was the terracotta façade.
In the religious building are kept several works of thickness, the most famous is the image of the Beata Vergine delle Grazie. The painting is kept in a tabernacle of the chapel, built specifically to give hospitality to the painting.