From the Wood and Stone to Firenzuola
Dal Bosco e dalla Pietra
The event dedicated to the stone and local products of the village of Alto Mugello. Back in Firenzuola the flavors and colors of «Dal Bosco e dalla Pietra»
Back in Firenzuola on weekends 16-17 and 23-24 October «Dal Bosco e dalla Pietra», the exhibition-market that celebrates nature through the stone and agricultural products of the territory, organized by the Proloco of the Apennine village.
- On weekends 16-17 and 23-24 October, a 2021 edition dedicated to the “Roots”
Fil rouge of the 26th edition, the theme of the “Roots”, developed from an installation that transforms the center of Piazza Agnolo into a real Italian garden, with geometric figures and 31 slabs of stone, one for each of the original medieval ‘peoples’ of the area.
A fulcrum from which develops in the form of branching the entire exhibition area, which also hosts the 2nd edition of the Game of the Goose, with the boxes dedicated to the most fascinating places in the territory.
On the curtain this Saturday, October 16 (19:00) at the Cinema Don Otello Puccetti, with the dance show of the Dream Academy, dedicated to the sounds of nature and contact with stone.
- Sunday 17 at 10:00, opening of the exhibition and food stands in the historic center,
From the fair of pietra serena and marroni to that of crafts and other typical local products, but also many entertainment opportunities for children, with the educational-experiential workshops “The nature of stories”, the games of “Uncork the cap and win” and the gathering of Newfoundland dogs (10:30), dedicated to four-legged friends.
- At 11:00, appointment in the square with the official inauguration of the event and at 12:00 space to taste with the Girarrosto under the Rocca, 8 meters of roasters and greedy potatoes, whose proceeds will be donated to the Meyer Hospital of Florence. In the afternoon, the Game of the Goose (14:30) and the XXI festival of polyphonic choirs (17:00). Closing ‘fire’ at 18:00 with the juggling show of The Mercenaries.
Many exhibitions scheduled from Saturday 17, from the exhibition “Symposium Antonio Berti” at the Museum of Pietra Serena, with the sculptures of young artists and photographs of Francesco Noferini on “The stone quarries in Firenzuola”. “Radici” collects images of the abandoned villages of the Apennines, while the exhibition “In the eagle’s pupil the righteous of all times…” presents works and drawings by the students of the Istituto Comprensivo di Firenzuola (Ex-Seminario), then again “Le casine fumanti” on the Firenzuola dryers, “Firenzuola e l’acqua” and the exposition of the Gruppo Micologico Fiorentino.
- Saturday, October 23 resumes with the Oktoberfest Firenzuolino at the Sports Club of Largo Garibaldi.
- Sunday 24 continues from 10:00 with stand and exhibition-market. The program also includes the educational exhibition and the show with the birds of prey of the Ancient Tuscan Falconry (15:30), the meeting to discover the book “The magic stones of Firenzuola by Filippo Bellandi and, throughout the day, musical animation with the Afro-Brazilian rhythms of the street band Bloco Bandito.
«Dal Bosco e dalla Pietra» From the Wood and the Stone is realized in collaboration with the Municipality of Firenzuola and thanks to the support of CCN-Associazione commercianti e artigiani Firenzuola, Gruppo Alpini di Firenzuola, Società sportiva Firenzuola, Società sportiva Traversa, Società sportiva di Piancaldoli, Polisportiva Artemisia, Società sportiva Cornacchiaia, Dream Academy asd, Scuola di musica Dario Vettori luthier, association Pier Giuseppe Sozzi.