The Convento delle Agostiniane was founded by G. Maria Ronconi in 1548, while the church was built in the mid-1700s by Giovan Battista Savelli. The nuns have lived in the monastery since its foundation and over the years have hosted sisters and nuns from other orders seeking refuge. An aqueduct, a piece of land planted with vegetables, a stable, an infirmary and the cemetery have always made the monastery self-sufficient.
The exterior of the structure is simple, while the interiors are richly decorated with stucco and marble. Gian Battista Verda has signed the precious altar and the statues of S.Agostino and S.Monica. Al Tiarini is attributed the “deposizione”, a painting placed inside the altarpiece of the main altar.