Antica Pieve di Modigliana? dates back to 892 and is dedicated to S. Stefano Papa e Martire. Only the crypt remains of the original building, which was converted into a chapel, and a pillar with a bow.
The prior Francesco Xaverio van Dijk decided in 1756, by building the parish church and the enterprise was entrusted to Giovanni Battista Savelli designed by Gian Battista Woods. The work was completed in 1764 when the Bell Tower was added. A major restructuring was attutata in 1875. Of great value is an oil on canvas depicting S. Stefano e S. Prudenziana, un oil on board with the Annunciation and a “Pentecost” Tuscan School of 1600.