Menu menu
Close
Where to sleep Where to eat Maps

Village of Calbano

SARSINAVILLAGES
The village of Calbano rises on top of the hill overlooking Sarsina and was once chosen as a place of defense for both the Romans and the Umbrians. The castrum Calbane for a period belonged to the Church of Ravenna but, by permission of Frederick II, in 1220, it came under the jurisdiction of the church of Sarsina. It is in Calbano that, in 1267, Bishop Grazia deliberated on the investiture rights and the medieval tax required by the Church.
 
Today the enchanting and ancient village stands still imperious and welcomes hikers who, after having climbed the gentle hill, benefit from the beautiful surrounding view.
CONDIVIDI:
SEE ON THE MAP
AROUND
Ranchio
Sarsina

Ranchio

Where are the parish church of St. Bartholomew and the Abbey of St Ambrose

Piazza Plauto
Sarsina

Piazza Plauto

Dedicated to the great Roman playwright

Mausoleo di Obulacco
Sarsina

Mausoleo di Obulacco

Built by Oculatio in memory of his father Obulacco

Roman Forum
Sarsina

Roman Forum

Artifacts dating back to the first century b.c.

Castello di  Casalecchio
Sarsina

Castello di Casalecchio

The only Castle in the Valle del Savio

National Archaeological Museum
Sarsina

National Archaeological Museum

Within a large collection of Roman artifacts

close

Search here